- Keeps me interested and motivated
- Allows me to track progress and time spent learning
- Makes learning Hanzi enjoyable
- Allows me to focus on words I need or want to learn
- Integrates with MDBG allows lookups and adding
- Allows me to add new words from websites with one click
- Helps me revise
- Gives a sense of satisfaction and achievement
- Has ready made sets of vocabulary for NPCR texts
- Can work on computer or iPad
- iPad App allows offline practice and syncs when connected Am able to use my Wacom tablet to write hanzi with a pen
- Plus many more reasons to use Skritter
The only disadvantage the tablet is quite sensitive and I feel it makes my hanzi 不好看Bù hǎokàn (unattractive) Looking at my sample tablet written hanzi below I think you will agree.
|我的汉字不好看。Wǒ de hànzì bù hǎokàn.|
Still it gives me satisfaction to be able to use technology to learn and practice hanzi.
I am interested to know how others are using Skritter. It is has many features and I am not sure that I have found them or use them all yet. I know that Skritter is a very popular hanzi learning tool. I wonder how many people are using it?
It would be good to know if anyone else is using a tablet to hand write hanzi on computers.
Does anyone use iPads for hand writing hanzi? I have not been able to find a satisfactory App to do this properly.