Not so long ago I posted this, 我应制定学习计划。我要学习计划。I should make a study plan. I need a study plan. As I have been very busy with a number of things I still haven’t made this study plan.
So today I am setting out my attack on Chinese learning. It is very simple and I plan to do the following;
- Have an online / Skype Chinese lesson on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. 2 x 25 minute Pomodoros
- Listen to my Pimsleur Chinese Mandarin II audio once a day (maybe twice a day) 1 x Pomodoro
- At least 50 minutes of Hanzi learning on Skritter ( I usually break this up into 2 X 25 minutes Pomodoros
There are some other tasks I need to do. I do try to do my Homework or revise my lesson notes…my very competent Chinese teacher would say I don’t do this….
Regarding the Pimsleur Chinese I often do while walking, doing the washing up or preparing dinner….yet somehow I still manage to do retain much of what I want from the course.
Also I shall be incorporating the following;
- Set specific times – I will study in the early morning
- Pre book Chinese lessons – My thrice weekly lesson is @ 11:00 am
- Make the content interesting – While I still have to study NPCR 3 (this is another story), I do plan to make the lessons and study specific to my needs
- Set a concrete goal of what I want to achieve
I have to thank two people for their suggestions and ideas.
Brandon @ Study More Chinese. Study More Chinese is a free social Chinese learning networking site.
Kevin Principal @ Mandarin World. Chinese language school for foreigners in Shanghai.